Position – Director of Account Services
The Director of Account Services (DAS) is responsible for the overall execution and supervision of agency new business efforts and client service. The DAS will work with agency management and account executives to develop new business for the agency and provide oversight to the strategies offered to agency clients. The DAS will also participate in management discussions and bring to the attention of the President any and all matters relating to the business development and client service operations of the agency.
The ideal DAS will be a strategic thinker who is highly motivated to meet client and prospect needs. The DAS must also be highly organized and have excellent people and presentation skills.
- Lead agency new business development effort.
- Act as account lead in key agency accounts/relationships.
- Produce strategic marketing communications plans for prospects and clients.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate agency account and client services staff.
Assist account executives with development of strategic marketing communication plans and budgets.
- Present strategy, creative ideas and products to clients and prospects.
- Represent agency at creative, professional or civic functions as needed.
- Work alongside Creative Director to move client projects through the agency in an efficient manner.
- Participate in overall agency systems development.
- Serve as an inspiring mentor to agency staff.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years experience in sales – preferably in an advertising/marketing/media agency.
- Proven understanding of brand and marketing communications strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
REPORTS TO: President
FSLA STATUS: Full-time/Exempt
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required with or without reasonable accommodation to sit, stand, bend and reach with manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, copies, telephones and other office equipment. May require lifting up to 40 pounds. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: Acknowledgement of this Position Description does not constitute a contract of employment. This position can be modified at any time for any reason by the management of Dearing Group.
All prospective candidates must submit a resume and portfolio of professional work via PDF or link to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the submission form below.